As women there are two things we don’t play about, our children and our hair. Since making the transition from relaxed hair to natural hair, I’ve learned that my curly hair requires a lot more maintenance than it used to. In the last three years, I’ve come across a few hair tools that have made the transition a lot easier for me.
Wide tooth comb
- makes detangling hair easier
- reduces breakage
- reduces split ends
- detangles wet hair
- helps evenly distribute hair products
- great for curl definition
- water/moisture is your friend! When it comes to natural hair, having a spray bottle filled with water is a must.
- loosens dead skin cells
- stimulates blood flow
- promotes hair growth
- protects your hair from friction and dryness
- helps reduce breakage and tangles during bed time
- helps keep hairstyle in place
- perfect for parting hair
- great for using the “chase method’ to straighten hair
- used to section hair
- washing and styling in sections reduces tangles, reduces the amount of products used, and ensures that each strand of hair is evenly coated
- great for deep conditioning
- creates greenhouse effect increasing moisture
- amazing deep conditioning results when paired with plastic cap
- faster than air drying
- better than using a flat iron
- holds hair in place
- helps create a variety of different hair styles.
All of the tools listed above help me style my hair on a weekly basis. Thinking about making the transition yourself? Click here for a few tips on transitioning from relaxed to natural hair.