It’s been two months since I published my first blog post and I’ve learned so much since then. I’ve even made a few new friends in the blogging community. Last week, Growing Girls With Curls was nominated for TWO awards, the Liebster Award and the Blogger Recognition Award. I was nominated by Makaela from UniquelyMickie.com and Kerri from Kerriandthebusylife. Both of these ladies are amazing bloggers and I’m so thankful that they both chose me.
Since The Liebster Award and the Blogger Recognition Award have similar rules, I’ve decided to combine the two in one post. I’ve nominated five ladies for the Liebster Award and five bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award.
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows :
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you think you deserve this award
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them
- Give them questions of your own to answer
The following questions were given to me by Makaela.
1. What is your favorite activity to do outside of the blogging world?
Does sleep count? Lol, I love to read. I’m currently reading In The Meantime by Iyanla Vanzant for the second time.
2. If you could go anywhere for a day, where would you go?
If I could go anywhere for a day, I would probably go to the mountains. I’m a country girl, but I was raised in the city. The mountains would be a perfect place to get away from it all.
4. What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? My favorite drink is Dr. Pepper. It’s always been that way.
5. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would you eat? If I had to eat one meal for the rest of my life, it would probably be a chicken burrito from Chipotle. I don’t cook, so I pretty much each Chipotle every week.
6. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is failure. I know that sounds cliche, but it’s the truth. I have a vision of where I want to be in life and everyday I see exactly what I don’t want to be. I have two little girls depending on me, so I have to succeed not just for me, but for them as well.
7. What was your biggest inspiration to start a blog? My biggest inspiration for starting my blog was my daughters. I wanted to build something for all of us to share.
8. How long did you wait to tell your friends and family about your blog? My mom and my friends knew about my blog before I even published my first post. If it weren’t for my friends, I would probably still be putting my launch date off.
9. What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
Got married and had a baby at 19. I don’t think it gets more extreme than that. That’s a post for another day though.
10. Do you have any pets? I do not have pets.
11. Favorite snack that you have to have? GUSHERS, I’m obsessed !
- How did you choose your blog niche?
- What is your favorite tv show?
- Who is your favorite blogger?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What is your favorite blog article that YOU have written?
The rules for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of How/Why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice you would give to brand new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you have nominated them giving the link to the post you have created.
How/Why did I start blogging?
So, I’ve always been good at writing. It’s been a hobby of mine since I was younger. Three years ago, I found the Glamlifehousewife blog and she really inspired me to create my own blog. I spent years researching how to get it done and looking up names for my blog, until one day I looked at my two curly kids and the lightbulb came on. I wanted to create something for me and my girls to all be a part of, so here we are.
My Advice to new bloggers. . .
Be you ! It’s easy to copy someone else’s ideas and do what everyone else is doing, but readers come to YOUR blog to read YOUR content. Find the niche that fits you and your personality and go with it. Also, write about everything. Having a bad day? Write about it! Got a new bag? Write about it! There may come a day when you don’t have anything to write about, and that’s where your pre-written content comes into play.
Congrats to all of you! Everyone I nominated deserved all the recognition and then some. Don’t forget to pay it forward to other bloggers !! 🙂