Happy New Year!! 2017 has come and gone and now its time to embrace 2018 and all of it’s adventures. My New Years resolution is to reflect on the challenges I faced in 2017, and to do better and be better. 2017 was extremely tough for me. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, lost my job, and struggled with depression. I started the year on cloud 9 and ended it at rock bottom. On the bright side, the only place to go from here is UP!
12 Things I Learned In 12 Months
- Stop internalizing issues. January
- When someone shows you who they are, believe them. February
- My children are the best parts of me. March
- A savings account is for SAVING. April
- Invest in yourself. May
- I’m a pretty good writer. June
- It’s OK to not be OK. July
- There is no such thing as job security, when you’re working for someone else. August
- Don’t date someone you can’t call on in case of an emergency. September
- It takes a village to raise a child. October
- Faith means nothing, if you’re not willing to do the work. November
- I learned a lot in December. I learned that I’m stronger than I thought, My mom is the G.O.A.T, and that I’d go to war over my children and win EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!
Dramatics aside, 2017 was the toughest year of my adult life (not that I’ve been an adult long). I loved and I lost, I struggled with my weight and self-love, and I’ve had people attack my parenting and come for my child. A weaker person would’ve cracked, but I pushed through and made it into 2018 with both of my girls. Here’s to the New Year! What are your resolutions for 2018?? Comment down below.
While you’re here, check out my The Single Mom And The Double Standard blog post!